- Provides eligible homebuyers with matching funds up to $7,500 of down payment assistance on qualified properties
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership.
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the Income Limits set for the program in Birmingham-Jefferson County.
- A complete list of participating partner lenders is available here Approved Lender List.
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
1. Located in Jefferson County Birmingham/Jefferson County Map.
2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
3. A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, Planned Unit Development
Note: No closings may take place before June 13.
Good News! Limited NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds may be available.
Click here for next steps, Get Started with NeighborhoodLIFT
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page. Birmingham Jefferson County NeighborhoodLIFT FAQs