At this time all of our NeighborhoodLIFT loans in the Greater Atlanta Area have been reserved. We are working diligently to review our pipeline and we will send out a communication to our lender partners if/when additional funds will be released
To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT® down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program.
You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
Please follow the instructions below. If you already have an account, skip to Step 4.
- To begin the NeighborhoodLIFT application process, you must first create an account.
- When creating your account, be sure to check “I am interested in applying for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
- Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Columbus in order to authenticate your account.
- Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
- Create an 8-character password for your profile
- Create an account or log in.
- Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen.
- Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address and your purchase property. Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents in order to schedule an appointment for an Eligibility Determination Session. Detailed instructions on how to sign up can be found here. Click the “Upload Files” button. Please upload the following documents:
- Preapproval letter for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender.
- 1st, 2ndand signature page of a fully executed purchase and sales agreement for a property located in Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton or Gwinnett County. View map.
***Don’t have a scanner? It’s easy! Use your smartphone to log in to your account and take pictures of your documents from your phone’s camera to upload them! Detailed instructions can be found here.
- If you have not already completed homebuyer education through an approved provider, now is a great time to sign up! View Approved HBE Provider list to find a provider.
- Once NeighborWorks Columbus has reviewed and approved the documents you uploaded, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Columbus letting you know that it is time to schedule your Eligibility Determination Session. When you receive that email, go to the Training Center and proceed to the “My Appointments” section. You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
***Please note, this appointment will not appear unless you submitted the appropriate documentation. Once NeighborWorks Columbus reviews and approves this documentation, you will be able to schedule this appointment. NeighborWorks Columbus will review your submissions within 48 business hours.
- After scheduling your EDS appointment, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Columbus confirming the date, time and location of your EDS appointment. The email will include details of the documents you should upload at least 72 hours prior to your appointment. You can upload these documents via the My Documents tab at the top of your online account (remember, you can log into your account via your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take pictures of your required documents if you don’t have access to a scanner). Required Documents - If you do not upload these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled. Be sure to bring copies of all of the documents you upload to your Eligibility Determination Session.
What Happens Next?
- At your EDS appointment, ANDP will determine your eligibility to participate in the NeighborhoodLIFT program.
- Once you are deemed eligible for participation, you will be issued a commitment letter from NeighborWorks Columbus. A copy of this will also be sent to your first mortgage lender.
- Your first mortgage lender will submit all required documents to NeighborWorks Columbus 14 calendar days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sale agreement.